Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Human Body and the Five Senses


For my 5 senses unit I turned the dramatic play center into a doctor's office and they adored it!  Dramatic play and most of the other centers were easy to set up for this unit, but I could not decide what to do with my blocks center. I was working on a Saturday trying to get some masters' homework done and set my room up for the new unit and I had an epiphany!  I used some of my blocks and drew some of the main organs onto them.  Then I separated what I called "bones" blocks into one tub and "organ" blocks into another.  I showed my kids how to build a skeleton from blocks and then had them place the "organs" in the correct spot on the skeleton.  There were books at the center to guide the kids where to place the "bones" and "organs".  I also placed a picture of a full body x-ray at the center.  It was such a great learning experience for the kids and they had fun doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment